Buffalo Materials Handling is seeking a full time CDL licensed driver who will be responsible for loading, securing and hauling various types of material handling equipment in a timely and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates vehicle according to all applicable state and federal motor carrier laws.
- Properly load various types of material handling equipment including but not limited to forklifts, scissor lifts, floor sweeper/scrubber pallet jacks etc.
- Verify equipment serial numbers.
- Safely secure loads using chains, binders and or ratchet straps.
- Maintain necessary paperwork including logs, BOL’s and other required paperwork.
- Perform daily pre-trip inspections.
- Keep company truck clean and organized.
- Must have a current class A or B NYS CDL including air brake endorsement.
- Hazardous materials endorsement preferred but not necessary.
- Current USDOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Able to pass drug testing as required by Federal and or State DOT regulations.
- Experience in securing loads is preferred but not necessary, we will train.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Willingness to perform job requirements in adverse field conditions and all-weather conditions.
- Physical ability to climb, kneel, crouch and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and all levels of associates.
- Prior experience driving and operating a roll-back truck is helpful but not necessary.
- Competitive hourly wage.
- 401(k) plus a 50% company match!
- Health insurance (we offer 5 plans and we pay for 70-100% of the premium!
- Dental insurance (we pay some of the premium here too)
- Life insurance (100% company paid)
- Short Term Disability Insurance (also 100% company paid!)
- Vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance.
- Paid time off – paid holidays – vacation time.
- Safety boot allowance.
- Uniform service provided.